The wire rope/cable assembly position will complete duties such as assembling components, reading work instructions/routings, and cutting, stripping and crimping wire by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards adhering to all safety practices.
- Cut cables to proper lengths requested by customer
- Assembled fittings onto cable in specified location
- Use hand and pneumatic tools to strip and crimp
- Read and interpret prints and assembly processes
- Evaluate any mechanical and material issues
- Placing and sorting materials in designated areas and also maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Package and ship finished product to customer
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Proficient math and basic excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good eye for detail
- High school diploma
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. if necessary
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of experience related to the position preferred
- Ability to read and write in English, follow verbal and written instructions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please be prepared to upload a copy of your resume.